Tuesday 22 November 2011

The little things



Soooo I'm in the thick of it right now. School is pretty all-consuming these days. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel though, cannot wait to spend time relaxing with family and friends over the holidays. Before I get back to work I wanted to remind myself of the things that I love, and that I'm thankful for, some of which I've been enjoying lately, some of which I've been craving desperately...

Things like massive mugs of tea. accidental good hair days. singing while alone. doing puzzles. the smell of vanilla. sleeping in. late night movie dates. long drives. cooking for people i love. freshly painted nails. impromptu naps. winter walks. clean skin. giggling with friends. the first sip of beer. fresh sheets. perfectly crisp apples. good dreams. good songs. the colour a ripe mango. compliments on a bad day. half awake i love yous. board games. yummy kitchen smells. hauntingly beautiful photographs. lingering hugs. cracking my knuckles. peppermint lattes. wearing something new for the first time. the perfect chewy cookie. feeling cold air on my face. homemade soup. confessions to new friends. long chats with old ones. the first day of a holiday. family dinners over wine. and so so much more... xo

What little things make you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment